Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mr and Mrs Turtle Crochet

After having such a long day of exams and assignments I decided to do some crochet. I learnt first crocheting when I was 6 years old. I was taught by my mother. My mother, who has been passionate about crochet, knitting, etc., gave me the idea to crochet Mr. and Mrs. Turtle. I want to thank her for her time and dedication and more over for explaining me at such late hours in the night (I got the mood of doing something creative at around 11 pm)... So this is one of the reasons I want to share my knowledge with you.
In this blog I will try to give you some instructions on how to do a turtle. 

 

The first thing you will need to is to get a crochet hook and some yarn. Get preferably lots of different colors of yarn. Please take note that it is important to choose the right size hook and thickness of yarn. (If your hook is too small and the yarn is too thick; your work will be stiff and tight - and vice versa). 

 

Second you have to do eight circles in crochet. Basically, for the body of the turtle bigger rounds than the rest of the turtle's body. The whole turtle is made with single crochet. 


Here you can see all parts of the turtle including: head, body, and legs.

  

 


You have to stitch all the rounds together. Remember to fill them with some foam or cotton. 

 

You can make some extra accessories for the turtle like hat, eyes, nose, etc…

Et voilà!!!!................





2 comments:

  1. you learnt it at the age of 6.. wow. born with talent is it?
    :) please share more crochet stories with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a genius ladki...i still do not know all things that you can do :-)

    ReplyDelete